Thanks to: Wispborne (for latest update), LazyWizard (for console commands and example source)
Latest version: 1.0.0
Changelog for 1.0.0:
Thanks for Wispborne for updating the following:
Works with Starsector 0.9a (previous version did also).
May now jump to any activated gate.
Activation cost changed; can be modified via settings.json.
Smoothed numerous rough edges, such as wording and navigation within the dialog.
Now displays the fuel cost per jump.
General code refactoring. Added IntelliJ project, converted to Kotlin.
Changelog for 0.2.0:
Fuel cost now dependent on distance.
Reduce fuel cost multiplier to 1.
Can select from up to 5 of the closest systems with activated gates.
You find a gate, go into it, and then, NEW SECTOR (after Level 40 cap)! But, you’ve lost some skills after some sort’a cataclysmic break-up of the fleet due to being unprepared for the jump. Or you trade places with a time-line or some Multiverse mambo-jumbo.
It could also be a Random sort of Encounter, after all, things might be watching the gates, and maybe things just go wrong and you end up in a far-flung system!
otherwise, good luck with your future releases.
Anyone using 0.1.0 might want to consider upgrading to 0.1.5, where I’ve fixed this problem.
Note also that activation and usage costs are now nonzero, but can be set to other values by changing data/config/settings.json.
One thing to keep in mind: consider not activating gates in a cluster. For example, if there are six activated gates close together and one far away, you’ll never be offered the choice of the far-away gate in the vicinity of the clustered gates.
Now, if you could make Gates cost
if you could make Gates cost
that would be awesome
Sorry, are you talking about gate creation cost or gate activation cost?
If the latter, gate activation already has fixed costs of 500 metal, 250 heavy machinery, 250 organics, 250 volatiles, and 250 transplutonics. These are configurable via data/config/settings.json.
I could add AI cores (alpha or beta) to the activation cost if you like…
I mean, you can, but yo can only travel to the first 5 ones you activated, there is no “page 2,3,4…” in the travel dialog. =(
Can i change this somehow?
Squish Cat: OK, gamma cores it is. But as you pointed out, they are relatively easy to obtain, so I’ll arbitrarily set the cost to 3 for now (configurable in the settings).
Blackraz0r: A few comments:
(1) I was lazy and couldn’t figure out how to nicely handle a variable length list with an arbitrary number of elements in rules.csv.
(2) I haven’t bothered to characterize how many gates are in a randomly generated sector.
(3) The systems with the five closest gates get listed. I suppose this could be increased to eight or so. But paging through a large number of systems doesn’t sound fun.
(4) Maybe the gates can be deactivated or put in stand-by mode or something. So if you happen to activate gates in adjacent systems, you can deactivate some, so that they don’t show up.
(5) Or maybe the farthest gates should be listed instead… ?
Would be awesome if this mod could be continued tho.