We also recommend
This mod adds music from numerous mods and sources and compiles them together for an optimal playing experience. Also included are updated sounds for several vanilla weapons.
- Atmospheric Rise (Blackrock)
- Blackrock (Blackrock)
- Stellar Rust (Blackrock)
- Seeking Answers (Blackrock)
- Starsea (Blackrock)
- Ambush (Exigency)
- Catastrophic Systems Failure (Exigency)
- Cloak and Dagger (Exigency)
- Condottiere (Exigency)
- Dead Gods (Exigency)
- Desolation (Exigency)
- Dyson Sphere (Exigency)
- Exigency (Exigency)
- Fear Machine (Exigency)
- The Flagship (Exigency)
- Fusillade (Exigency)
- Hostile Waters (Exigency)
- Mobilization (Exigency)
- Panic (Exigency)
- Relics (Exigency)
- Skeleton Crew (Exigency)
- Sovereignty (Exigency)
- Stellar Remnant (Exigency)
- Time-Sensitive (Exigency)
- Undying Legacy (Exigency)
- Unidentified Contact (Exigency)
- Unknown (Exigency)
- Veiled in Dust (Exigency)
- Expanse (Mayorate)
- Nebula (Mayorate)
- Steel Rain (Mayorate)
- Running Dark (Tiandong)
Music: Psiyon, Cycerin, and Kazi
Sound Effects: Cycerin
Version 1.1.3 (March 29, 2021):
– Updated for Starsector 0.95a
– Migrated version file to custom host (sigh)
Version 1.1.2 (July 8, 2020):
– Updated for Starsector 0.9.1a
– Marked utility
– Added new music track for BRDY: Atmospheric Rise
– Migrated version file to BitBucket
Version 1.1.1 (November 16, 2018):
– Reverted Thumper, Mjolnir, and Heavy Mauler to vanilla sfx
– Works in Starsector 0.9a
Version 1.1.0 (June 10, 2017)
– Added two new music tracks for BRDY: Seeking Answers and Starsea
Version 1.0.4 (June 4, 2017)
– Updated for Starsector 0.8.1a
– Reverted Devastator Cannon and Phase Lance loop sounds
Version 1.0.3 (April 23, 2017)
– Updated for Starsector 0.8a
– Improved Devastator Cannon sound
Version 1.0.2 (March 26, 2017)
– Added phase lance sound
– Updated Exigency sounds
Version 1.0.1 (April 22, 2016):
– Fixed mod ID
Version 1.0.0 (April 15, 2016):
– Initial release
Does this supercede MusicLib?
You’re a real funny guy.
Funny how? Like I’m a clown? Like I’m here for your amusement? I’m amusing to you?
What the **** is so funny about ME!?!
j/k, it’s a classic scene from Goodfellas (The book ‘Wiseguys’ is even better). I couldn’t resist.
There is one in particular with an angelic choir that I really enjoy. (Audio Plussoundsilkmusic/nebula.ogg)
Give cred to Mayorate for that one.
Edit: Never mind, it struck me I can just extract them from the files, but a web repository would be good to have
Not only that, but what can be done with it.
If I read the wiki correctly, the features enabling custom tracks for factions, even specific systems, etc.. .. all of this is WIP and doesn’t work yet,…or?
Interaction dialog tracks
Handled by vanilla, we don't care about this
Neutral, friendly, hostile
[b] System-specific tracks
Neutral, friendly, hostile[/b]
Only occur in specific star systems, e.g. Corvus can have its own tracks
[b] Combat tracks
Mild, moderate, intense[/b]
Thinking of calling them moderato, allegro, presto for fun
Probably uniform everywhere in the Sector (i.e. doesn't change music when approaching a system held by a specific faction)
Someday, not supported in current proposal
Seems like a bad idea anyway, would come and go really fast...
Campaign music player: Currently has a bug where if doesn’t resume the track it was previously playing when the player starts and ends an interaction dialog (instead plays a new track). Also IIRC I haven’t tested system-specific tracks.
(If you want to mess with it, look in the musicPlayer git branch)