Ever wish the game would go by quicker while you’re flying your lumbering Paragon up to the line of battle? Ever wanted to push “fast forward” while your fleet mopped up the remnants of an enemy fleet? Ever wanted to speed through a trivial Derelicts fight? This mod is for you!
Hold the middle mouse button and the game becomes 2x faster. You can also press the caps lock key to toggle fast mode at your leisure. The B button toggles the slow-down effect of phase systems. Control-capslock toggles the game to run in as-fast-as-possible mode.
Controls are fully customizable. You can even set custom time scaling factors on separate inputs, if you like.
Version 0.7.2 (December 12, 2021):
– Updated for Starsector 0.95.1a
– Fixed rare no-bullet-time bug
Version 0.7.1 (March 29, 2021):
– Updated for Starsector 0.95a
Version 0.7.0 (December 25, 2020):
– Added “onAtStart” option to flag a speed multiplier option as being enabled by default at the start of combat
– Added “capToFPS” option to limit a speed multiplier to a certain engine frame rate (0.0 to speed up regardless of frame rate)
* Default toggle: Ctrl-Capslock
– Migrated version file to custom host (sigh)
Version 0.6.1 (July 11, 2020):
– Migrated version file to BitBucket
Version 0.6.0 (September 8, 2019):
– Minor optimization
– Added option to disable bullet-time effects (such as phase slow-down)
* Default toggle: B
Version 0.5.2 (May 17, 2019):
– Updated for Starsector 0.9.1a
– Updated mod description with the default controls
– Added option to suppress indicator messages
Version 0.5.1 (November 16, 2018):
– Fixed certain key-combo misbehavior
– Now works when the player isn’t piloting a ship
– Works in Starsector 0.9a
Version 0.5.0 (April 24, 2018):
– Initial release
If only you could make similar for global speed.
Can’t say if it applies to retreat, though.
Bump. Can I get a move to the main forum + mention in the index?
Done, thanks again for another one.
Does this override the game setting’s combat speed modifier? If it make the game default to +50% speed, does this make it so that nothing happens when you activate it, and drop down to the original 100% speed, or does it stack?
Can you change the bonus, to 200%?
Does this cause frame skipping when used? High speed projectiles phasing through shields?
Irregardless, a new mod that is a MUST have.
You can change the bonuses to anything you want and mix/match key settings. I’ll release an update with some bug fixes within a week or so, relating to some more complicated key binding schemes.
Yes, it can cause frame skipping. I would strongly recommend increasing the FPS cap if you’re going to push this mod over the default setting of 2x speed. There will be artifacts and glitches if you make the multiplier too high.
As I am the worst possible user sometimes, I could not find theese keys for some days. 😉