Updating from 1.* to 2.* WILL break saves.
The Concordance of Protection Syndicate (COPS) is a joint effort by some defector scientists from within Tritachyon and a group of formerly retired Hegemony officers to create an effective pirate-hunting doctrine. They have deep ties with the Hegemony, but aren’t technically under their jurisdiction. They were initially funded by both the Hegemony and a small sect from the Luddic Church, but have quickly gained the favor of most non-pirate organizations within the sector. A notable exception to this is the Syndrian Diktat, who as usual hate the idea of some unified policing state.
Their tech, while advanced, lacks regulations and a proper nanoforge. On top of this, production is rushed to combat pirate raids and encampments. As such, many of their ships come off the line with several defects and damage.
The COPS were designed to be sort of like “reverse pirates” to someone doing a pirate-playthrough with Nexerelin, or just larping. I hope you guys have fun with the new botes.
Current feature list:
- Several new ships and ship systems to add to your pirate-hunting arsenal.
- New toys for the pirates to fight back with.
- Compatibility and expanded features with both Nexerelin and Vayra’s Sector.
- Commissioned Crews integration.
Planned feature list:
- New story mission content.
- COPS fleets respond to pirate raids in and around the core worlds.
Larger arsenal of COPS ships, and a brand new line of weaponsand fighters.
Special thanks to MesoTroniK, AxleMC131, Passwalker, Ed, Re-bot and several others for your truly helpful advice and assistance.
Dark.Revenant for some code that I took from SWP.
Tartiflette for a bit of code that I took from SCY.
Nicke535 for your tracking projectiles script
that I haven’t used yet.
Thanks so much!
– J0hn Shm0
“Viewer discretion is advised…”
Bad Boys starts playing.
Tempest (COP) Pit Maneuvers a Hound (P) into an asteroid.
Explosions in the background as the Hound (P) goes up in flames.
“C.O.P.S. is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement. All suspects are guilty until proven innocent in a court of law…”
stupid question but does this break saves?
It’s not a stupid question. Your answer is that it wont break existing saves, but uninstalling it afterwards will break any saves that it has touched until reinstalled. Its features probably wont work right on an existing save though, just so you’re aware.
– Added compatibility with Version Checker
– Reduced the maximum turnrate of the Planck by -40.
– Reduced the shield efficiency of the Bosana and Bosana (S) by -0.1.
– Changes to Tau-class super frigate:
. Improved flux capacity from 4000 to 4150
. Improved armor rating from 120 to 140
. Improved hull hitpoints from 1100 to 1250
(The ship is now slightly less punishing from small mistakes. It has been underperforming for its maintenance cost.)
– Changes to Atome-class Battlecarrier
. Impaired flux capacity from 16000 to 15000
. Impaired flux regen from 950 to 900
. Impaired shield arc from 200 to 90
. Impaired shield effeciency from 0.6 to 0.7
(This ship works just a little too well. It needed heavy nerfs.)
– Changes to Azimov-class Battleship
. Impaired shield arc from 270 to 180
(A small reduction to its overall safety.)
– Added unique engine trails to COPS ships.
– Added ships avalible to the COPS base blueprint package to simulator
– Added the COPS base blueprint package to Nexerelin start
Updating from 1.* to 2.0 WILL break saves. This update is in no way save compatible with older versions of COPS!
– New ships:
. Photoal-class Light Drone Carrier
. Rhodan-class Drone Carrier
. Carbon-class Heavy Frigate
. Mesonax-class Heavy Arsenal Ship
. Valence-class Combat Freighter
. Haydron-class Siege Cruiser
. Quantum-class Heavy Phase Frigate
. Lepton-class Cruiser
. Schala-class Patrol Craft
. Chrone-class Destroyer
– New modular weapons:
. Light Pulse Gun
. Dual Pulse Gun
. Rapid Proton Pulser
. Proton Lance
. Dual Proton Lance
. Thermal Splinter Blaster
– New line of rare Black Ops skins for various COPS ships.
– Inclusion of custom shield effect for COPS ships.
– Visual improvements/reworks to many of the COPS ships:
– Several minor (and major) balance changes to COPS ships.
– Rework to Atome-class Battlecarrier
. Changed Large synergy slots to energy.
. Changed system to a slightly weaker version of temporal shell which affects its fighters as well.
. Slightly Improved other stats overall.
– Rework to Gravon-class Heavy Cruiser
. A frontal module now acts as a “shield” to weapons, prevent them from being disabled. The
weapons are totally disabled if the module is destroyed.
– Bosani-class frigate removed.
– New music tracks.
– MANY BUGFIXES
– Added several blueprint packages that can be found in exploration for COPS ships. This was an intended feature for 2.0 but was not included by mistake. This small update will not break saves from 2.0, but is still incompatible with 1.*.