Update (12/20/21, 5:30pm EST): a hotfix for a late game hang while visiting a bar, along with a number of other fixes and balance adjustments (full list of changes here); please re-download the game using the links below.
Update (12/11/21, 9:20pm EST): a hotfix for a crash caused by defeating a [REDACTED] station and then a fleet in the same system is out.
Update (12/11/21, 4:00pm EST): a hotfix for an audio issue, background flickering during new game creation, cleanup of some dev options left in a dialog, and a few other issues is out.
Starsector version 0.95.1a is now out! This is a .1 release, meaning it’s focused on polish, bugfixing, and quality-of-life improvements – but more than the normal share of new features and sweeping changes have found their way into this one, as well!
- Skill system changed for more flexible builds with more options
- Several new game-changing top-tier skills, and other new skills
- All skills can be re-specced, no more “permanent” skills
- New ships: Eradicator-class Fast Cruiser, Manticore-class Destroyer, Vanguard-class Frigate
- Missions show the mission target location prior being accepted
- Dynamic slipstreams that enable quick and efficient travel in hyperspace
- Sensor ghosts in hyperspace!
- Improved early access to ships and weapons through arms dealers
- Phase cloak changes to make phase ships easier to deal with if they’re outmatched
- Ship AI improvements; ability to issue a “defend” order targeting a friendly ship
- Various balance changes to improve variety
- Modding improvements
- Assorted bugfixing, polish, and numerous quality-of-life improvements
There are many more changes; the full patch notes, and the comment thread, are here. This new release should be save-compatible. Due to the skill system changes, skill points and story points invested into any elite skills will be refunded, and the skills will be reset when a save from the previous release is loaded.
You can download the new version here:
(Alternate download links, please try the above first: Windows Mac Linux)
As always, thank you for your support! I deeply appreciate it.